- Teaspoon of salt
- Place the eggs in a single layer at the bottom of the saucepan
- Cover the eggs with an inch or two of water (the more the eggs, the more the water)
- Add in the salt, it makes the water boil faster and the eggs easier to peal.
- Heat the pot on high heat and bring the water to a full rolling boil
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Strain out the water and run cold water over the eggs to cool them quickly
** Boiled eggs can be eaten as is, or can be used to make other egg dishes.
** If you like your boiled eggs soft from the inside try leaving them to sit for less