- 1 large egg
- 1 envelope gelatin (7 grams)
- 2 cups of strawberries
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (skin)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- Hull the strawberries and slice thickly.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1⁄4 cup cold water in a small bowl. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place another 1⁄4 cup water, the sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, oil and egg in a medium saucepan and whisk together until well combined. Cook over a low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the softened gelatin and cook, whisking constantly, until the gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat, transfer to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally. Whisk in the yogurt. Alternately layer the strawberries and lemon mousse in 8 dessert bowls and chill until set, about 3 hours. Serve.