- 3 egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 140 degrees
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Place egg whites and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whisk on low speed for 1 minutes
- Increase speed to medium and whisk for 3 minutes until egg whites form stiff peaks
(Mixture should look fluffy and cling to whisks)
- Continue to whisk and gradually add the sugar a tablespoon at a time until mixture is stiff and glossy, this may take up to 10 minutes.
- Use a spoon to place freeform shapes on to the prepared baking trays
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes (until they are pale and dry) then turn off the oven and allow meringues to cool in the oven while the door is slightly ajar.