1- Basic Omelette
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with a fork.
- Put a frying pan on low heat and let it get hot
- Add the butter and wait till it melts and gets bubbling
- Add eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly
- When the omelet begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, you can add the extra ingredients (optional) on one side of it.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelet, then fold it over in half.
- Flip the omelette till it starts to turn golden brown on both sides
- Remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet on to a plate.
An omelette may have many different ingredients added like onions, bell peppers, different vegetables, or even salami – depending on each individual’s taste. There are two options when adding more ingredients to your omelette:
- Put the ingredients in the pan with the butter before adding the eggs, let them cook for a bit, and remove them from the pan. Proceed to step 4, and add in the cheese or extra ingredients in step 5.
- Mix the ingredients with the eggs in the mixing bowl in step 1
Here are some examples of creative omelets:
- Added ingredient amounts are based on a 2egg omelette.
- Please refer to the note above to decide when to add these optional ingredients.
2- Cheddar Cheese Omelette
- 2 tbsp Cheddar Cheese
3- Chili cheese omelette
- ¼ Can of Chili
- 1 tbsp Milk (add with egg mix)
- ½ Onion
- Jalapeno Peppers (to taste)
4- Sausage and Cheese omelette
- Sausages (as per preference)
- Hot sauce (optional)
5- Jalapeno Omelette
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- ½ Green Peppers
- ½ Red Peppers
- ½ Onion
- Tabasco (add to taste on step 5)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro – chopped
6- Spanish Omelette
- ½ Small Potato
- 1 Green chili
- ½ Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove – Mashed
- 1 Small Tomato
- 1 tsp Basil
- Olives (to taste)