- 4 eggs
- 565 ml milk
- 115 g fine breadcrumbs
- 225 g sugar
- 4 tablespoons jam
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees
- Beat together 1 whole egg and 3 egg yolks
- Add the milk, breadcrumbs, and 85 g of the sugar
- Spread the jam on the bottom of a pie dish
- Pour the custardy mixture over the jam
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until set.
- Whisk the remaining egg whites until stiff, slowly add the remaining sugar until it’s all mixed in.
- Pile it on top of the custard and bake for further 15-20 minutes until the top is lightly browned.